Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Kale Dogs

Hot dogs are still junk food, even if they are made out of tofu. 'Cause you know they make them out of all the bits and ends of tofu left over after they've used all the good parts for Tofurkey. Just try not to think about the soy snout and okara skin, hide them in a good whole wheat bun - and smother them with a thick layer of sauteed kale and onions. MAN that tastes good with mustard!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oooh, I love sauteed kale and onions! Great idea to top a tofu dog with it. What brand of "dog" do you buy? We seem to rotate through all the brands available.

12/08/2006 6:54 PM

 
Blogger Rosie Q said...

I like Jumbo Dogs and Smart Dogs best.

12/22/2006 12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home