Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Guest bloggers coming! And a baby!

I apologize for my long hiatus from menu posting. We are expecting another baby in the summer, and this first trimester has left me tired and not at all in the mood to cook! Even the thought of sitting down to consider the week's menu is unappealing. We are unfortunately eating a lot of takeout, although we have also thawed some things from the freezer to eat, which has been nice.

I'm hoping my culinary desires return in a few weeks. In the meantime, my friends Dan and Rosie had a great suggestion--vegan guest bloggers who post their own menu plans for the week! I love the idea of seeing what other friends are planning. Dan and Rosie have long kept a dinner journal, where they jot down what they prepared or ate that evening. Once I figure out how to grant them posting permission, look for their great menu ideas! They both have great taste in foods. Dan is the general manager of Wheatsville, our local awesome food coop. Rosie is an amazing vegan baker--her pies and cakes are to die for! I'll also see what other friends might want to join in.

I am also considering getting more serious about a once-a-month cooking concept, where you spend a day or a weekend cooking up a storm for the month, and then freezing things in meal-sized portions. We'll see if I can muster up the energy for that. :-)

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We had a huge vegan potluck feast with friends, then visited our family the next day. Our feast included a homemade "No Turkey" roast filled with marinated seitan, stuffing, and gravy, covered in a pastry shell. It was delicious--thanks to the McElwees! On the side we had mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls, roasted Brussel sprouts, and bread stuffing. Desserts included pumpkin pie, cherry chocolate pie, dark chocolate cake, and apple pie. Whew! We were full, needless to say.

Look for more posts and posters soon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

We'll try and get some entries this week! Thanks for inviting us! Tonight's dinner was cupcakes from last night and some Amy's Burritos... so not a great start!

11/26/2006 10:11 PM

 
Blogger Jodi Egerton said...

amy, i would be SO in on a once a month cook-a-thon...so in.

12/01/2006 8:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home