Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Spinach Tofu Quiche

It seems like all my veg cookbooks have quiche recipes, and I can never remember which one is the one I prefer. But I think I've finally figured it out: the one to go for is The New Farm Cookbook spinach quiche.

Essential ingredients in any tofu quiche recipe (besides the obvious pie crust and tofu) are lemon juice, nutritional yeast, and garlic granules. I generally saute a couple cups of whatever veggies I have in the house - red bell pepper, mushroom, kale, or any combo thereof are good substitutes for the spinach. Should there happen to be another spinach shortage. I also tend to use a store bought crust, since the quiche already bakes for nearly an hour. This way prep takes about 15 -20 minutes, and I can do other things while it bakes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for posting, Rosie! These recipes look fabulous. I love the New Farm Cookbok, and I should pull it out more often!

11/30/2006 8:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home