Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sesame Tofu Stir Fry with Brown Rice


Love the stir fry! This time we used tofu, onions, celery, red bell pepper, ginger, garlic, and broccoli. We would have included carrots too, if I hadn't gone nutty last night with the glazed carrots and accidentally used them all up.

We heated some canola and sesame oil together, browned the tofu a bit first, then removed it from the pan. (The tofu had been first frozen, then thawed to make it denser; pressed in a clean towel; and cut into strips.) In a bit more heated oil, we stir-fried the veggies for a few minutes, added the tofu back in and stirred the sauce into the veggies and tofu until everything was well coated. My mom did the bulk of the work again tonight. I'm getting spoiled! We served it over brown rice.

Sesame Stir-Fry Sauce
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup tamari sauce
2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. hot red pepper flakes, optional
1 tsp. sugar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home