Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I have no proof...

...since my camera battery died when I was trying to take a picture of tonight's dinner, but it was lovely! Planks of marinated baked tempeh, alongside organic green beans and a pile of fluffy mashed potatoes covered in rich brown gravy...very comforting!

In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that the tempeh was a bit salty (too much tamari in the marinade?) but if you mixed it with the mashed potatoes, it was yum. Berkeley (my son) loved the tempeh, dabbled in the potatoes a bit, and only had maybe one green bean, but it's a step. He finished off dinner with a banana, so hey, it's all good.

By the way, last night's soup, salad, and bread meal was super-comforting and made us really ready for the cool weather to get here and stay. We got a bit of a cool front today, but we want more! I'm ready for chili and cornbread weather.

Thursday is a fun night to cook, because it's the last cooking night of the week (takeout pizza tomorrow night, leftovers on Saturday). So stay tuned for Sunday's new menu! I'll try for more pictures next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home