Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pesto Pasta with Lemon-Glazed Carrots and Garlic Bread


This pesto is so easy and you'd never miss the cheese. I adapted it from an online recipe-sharing group, but it was so long ago that I forget who to credit for it. We also liked the glazed carrots a lot. I got the recipe here.

Cheese-Free Pesto
1 1/2 cups basil leaves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon white or yellow miso
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/3 cup olive oil or more, to taste
1 cup pine nuts

Whirl all ingredients except pine nuts in mini food processor or blender until smooth. Add pine nuts and blend until texture is only slightly rough. Add more oil if necessary. Cook pasta of your choice and drain. Stir in the pesto sauce and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home