Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Family Style

Whew! Tonight's dinner experience was so relaxing--my son ate lots of tofu, potatoes, and carrot sticks (he wouldn't do the kale)--all dipped in the tahini sauce. It's so nice when we all eat the same meal, which doesn't always happen. It's exciting that we may be passing his uber-picky phase. Knock on wood.


Anyway, here is my first attempt at a photo. I'm sure they'll get better as I go. The tofu came out great. Here is the marinade recipe:

1/3 cup tamari sauce
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. basil (I usually do fresh but tonight did dried)
1/2 tsp. rosemary (ground)

I sliced the tofu and pressed it in a towel to get most of the moisture out, then soaked it in the marinade for a few minutes. I baked the tofu (with all the marinade on a cookie sheet) and the red potatoes (lightly tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper with a touch of rosemary) at the same time, in a 375F oven for about 45 minutes. The kale was steamed and then covered with the tahini sauce.

I'm so happy to be cooking again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Look delish! I'll be right over!

9/28/2006 9:16 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I'm not sure if the consistency changes with freezing--but I bet it would be okay! If it thawed out too thick, you could always add more water or lemon juice to thin it out. I'll make a bigger batch next time and try it!

10/01/2006 7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home