Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Babies Born, Menu Rearranged!

Due to my work as a birth doula, our dinners got a little out of whack this week! Wednesday's enchilada dinner and Thursday's pilaf dinner got bumped in favor of leftovers while I was off at the hospital. We were back on track Friday night with our takeout dinner from Java Noodles, which we ordered and feasted on with friends while our kids all ran around with rice noodles and tofu hanging off of them.

I decided to go with the pilaf for tonight and plan to make the enchiladas on Sunday. As my doula work picks up, I really see the value in having some nice meals stashed in the freezer so Rob and Berkeley can eat well at home while I'm gone. Rob is perfectly able to cook a nice meal, but if he's alone with Berkeley it's a bit harder for him to pull something together with short notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home