Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Dinner Menu for the Week of October 1

Sunday
Black Bean Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries

Thanks to my friend Jody for the sweet potato fries inspiration...I'm going to try a new recipe for them that includes a soy sauce/brown sugar marinade. I'm going to wing it on the black bean burgers--I'll mash together beans, cooked rice, herbs, some diced onion, and a little soy milk if it's too dry. Form into patties and fry them in a little olive oil.

Monday
Red Beans & Rice with Maple Cornbread

I will make this in the crockpot because I have a meeting late afternoon and won't have a lot of time to cook in the evening. The cornbread is easy to throw together.

Tuesday
Tofu Scramble with Hashbrowns and Fresh Fruit

Breakfast for dinner tonight! We'll see how Berkeley likes the scramble; he is back on a tofu-loving kick again.

Wednesday
Potato-Mushroom Enchiladas with Refried Beans and Spanish Rice

These usually have spinach in them too, but I'm not sure I can find any right now. I might try red chard instead.

Thursday
Chickpea & Sun-Dried Tomato Pilaf with Tossed Salad

This is a recipe I've adapted from Quick Vegetarian Pleasures by Jeanne Lemlin. Full of chickpeas, herbs, collards, onion, brown rice, and sun-dried tomoatoes. I also include some nutritional yeast to give it a richer flavor. Mmmm.

Friday
Takeout Night: Java Noodles

Our favorite Indonesian restuarant, and they deliver to our house! It's enough for two meals for us, although it's a bit spicy for Berkeley so he might get something else for dinner.

Saturday
Leftovers Potluck

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate G. said...

Hey there, spinach was back at Central Market today. Organic from Colorado. Don't know why it was so cheap though?! Marketing or something! Your menu looks great!

10/01/2006 6:42 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Kate! I'll check it out. I don't think chard would have the same effect, so if spinach is available, that's excellent!

10/01/2006 7:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home