Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Earthy Lentil Soup with Garlic Bread


Mmm, zingy! The recipe (from Vive le Vegan) calls for curry powder, and I used some that is pretty spicy. It gave the soup an Indian feel.

I had thought the cold front was coming through earlier in the day, making soup seem more tempting, but I think it must have been at least 90 degrees while I was chopping the veggies and starting the cooking. Luckily it was pouring and much cooler by the time we ate it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks really yummy! I am going to try it for tonight's dinner as it has gotten colder here in San Antonio.

Thanks for all the great dinner menu ideas.

10/18/2006 10:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home