Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Black Bean Corn Pone with Garlicky Collards


I finally got to make this tonight. I had bumped it from Thursday to Saturday, but we were at a birthday party until late that day, so I thought I would wait until a less hectic time to cook it. But today was crazy too! Luckily, this is SUCH an easy meal to make. The recipe for the corn pone comes from Jennifer of Vegan Lunchbox fame. You can find it here on her other blog. Don't miss out on her forthcoming cookbook, which is currently at the printer! For more information, stay tuned to her site.

For the collards, I just sauteed some minced garlic (about 3-4 small cloves) in 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil, then added some diced collards, salt and pepper. I stirred it to make sure the collards were coated in the olive oil, and then covered it and set it to low for 5-6 minutes. So simple and tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home