Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dinner Menu for the Week of October 15

Sunday
Black Bean Corn Pone with Garlicky Collards

See post below.

Monday
I was at a birth all day (and night) so Rob and Berkeley fended for themselves (again, another time when having pre-cooked meals in the freezer would have been handy!). Unfortunately, I ate some sad beans, rice and veggies in the hospital cafeteria. :-)

Tuesday
Take Out Night Early!

Argh--I am way behind on planning and grocery shopping this week! Therefore we'll shift takeout to tonight instead of Friday. Probably Java Noodles.

Wednesday
Earthy Lentil Soup with Garlic Bread

A cool front is supposed to come through with some rain today, so soup seems like a good idea. This recipe is from Vive le Vegan! by Dreena Burton. I haven't made it before but I love-love-love lentil soup.

Thursday
Angel Hair with Tomato Eggplant Sauce

The sauce is a crockpot recipe, so I'll throw all the ingredients in that morning and just cook up the pasta when we are ready to eat.

Friday
TLTs with Seasoned Oven Fries

A twist on the BLT, made with marinated tempeh strips and hummus. The recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz (cohost of The Post Punk Kitchen).

Saturday
Leftovers Potluck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home