Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Craving a Routine

Now that we are finally moved into our new place and getting settled, I am so ready to get back into a cooking routine again! I plan to post our weekly menus on Sundays, and then throughout the week I might post a couple of times with recipes, comments on how things turned out, etc. I will also attempt photos, if I remember to take one before we eat! It really helps me to sit down once a week and plan the menu, make the shopping list, and do our grocery shopping in one shot--I find I spend much less this way, rather than going several times a week. I also buy much less convenience food this way.

I am starting this blog because 1) It will keep me on a good routine with menu planning (so we don't eat out so often!) and 2) I know lots of people might wonder what a vegan diet looks like in reality, and I hope this can dispel any images people have of vegans eating only plain tofu chunks and brown rice. Don't get me wrong, we love (properly seasoned and cooked) tofu and brown rice, but we love lots of other things as well.

We have a two-and-a-half-year old son, and I will also include some things I plan to make for his lunches and snacks.

So, here I go!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

I look forward to stealing many a yummy food idea!

9/28/2006 9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home