Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Simple stirfry with white wine sauce

This is a favorite of mine because it is so simple. I serve it w/shortgrain brown rice. Veggie: whatever is in the fridge! I like to pick about 5 veggies, plus garlic and sometimes onion. That way each vegetable gets its chance to shine. Plus I rarely plan ahead, so 5 is as many as I'm likely to find edible in the bin. This time we had celery, carrot, zucchini, collard greens and mushrooms. Score - I'm so happy when the refrigerator yields a good mix - we've got orange vs. green, crisp vs. soft, and something leafy. Add a pound of tofu cubes. Fry, stir, make sauce.

Good marinade: One yellow bouillon cube, 1 cup of hot water (dissolve together), big splash white wine, medium splash soy sauce (more if your bouillion cube is not salted), some pepper, and if you like spicy, a teaspoon of chili garlic paste. Add to almost-done veggies

In a separate cup I mix a teaspoon of corn starch with a couple tablespoons of water, and whisk it in last. Glossy saucey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home