Every Sunday I'll post a list of my family's vegan dinner menus for the week, and throughout the week I may include some recipes and general thoughts about being vegan and parenting a toddler.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

A few December foods

12/3 Tortilla Soup - from Vegetarian Times Jan '02 - really good. Recipe at http://tinyurl.com/yzmmmf. Somehow I magically had all the ingredients in the pantry.

12/4 Tofurkey Sandwiches - we usually have some kind of sandwich once a week.

12/7 Tofu scramble with oven fried potatoes and yams. See picture below.

12/10 Failed soup - the beans never cooked! Cooked for 3 hours, soaked more overnight, tried again for 2 hours - no results. Old beans = will never cook. Resulting depression kept me from cooking again for next 4 days. Note to self: throw away old beans. They can ruin your week.

12/15 Stir fry with white wine sauce. See entry above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home